LOCAL GOSPEL ARTISTS POLL: For the second year in a row, CountryAtlanta.com is featuring a poll that gives visibility to local southern gospel artists. How would you like to have a voice for your favorite locally-based singers and groups? You can pick your favorite local southern gospel artists at http://www.countryatlanta.com or at http://www.macmc.net. You can vote for as many as you would like. The poll is also available on The Light’s MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/thelightatlanta. Country Atlanta also features a poll for local country and bluegrass artists. The Redeeming River Band from Canton was the first southern gospel winner in 2008, the country poll (in a different format) has been in existence since 1993.
This is a ‘playoff’ type of format where artists advance to a next round of polling if they get the highest number of votes. The Top 25 from the first round will be listed in the second month poll, followed by the Top 15 from that round in the third poll, and finally the Top 10 from the previous round in the fourth. The Top Five finalists will then be highlighted by Country Atlanta at the end of the four months. There are a large number of artists listed, and there’s also a place for a fill-in vote, which is eligible in the first round. First-round polling ends Sunday, May 31 at 10 p.m.
IMPORTANT POLLS INFO:
1. You can vote only ONCE per round.
3. Each poll has a different direct link to it so promoting it directly is NOT a good idea, the best places to go are the links above.
4. We have been told that some people are afraid to go onto MySpace, and the link at http://www.macmc.net is stand-alone, not on MySpace.
5. If you’re told that you have already voted, odds are that someone else has used that computer to vote already, and that’s something we can’t help you with. The polls recognize computers, and if you haven’t voted there, it may be mistakenly recognizing the i.s.p. itself. Again, we’re sorry, but we can’t help those problems. It’s best to find another computer to vote from.
6. ARTISTS: If you’re promoting yourselves on the polls, you need to relay all of this information, ESPECIALLY that fans can only vote once per round.
7. Please note: artists should be country and/or bluegrass in the country/bluegrass category; southern, bluegrass and/or country gospel in the southern gospel category; all artists should be independent or unsigned and must be based in one of the 47 eligible counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, Dekalb, Douglas, Fannin, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jackson, Jasper, Lamar, Lumpkin, Meriwether, Morgan, Murray, Newton, Oconee, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Rockdale, Spalding, Troup, Union, Walton, White and Whitfield. –PLEASE NOTE:– Artists who have charted nationally on a major music chart are ineligible.
The Light Radio Reps